Today King World News is pleased to share a fantastic piece which contains absolutely stunning news in the war on gold. This outstanding piece also features three remarkable illustrations that all KWN readers around the world must see.
January 13 (King World News) – Regarding Gold In 2014, Did You Know?
1. It is only in America that nobody seems to know or care but, in fact, during 2014 gold was the second best performing currency after the US$.
2. Most Western investors see gold as a short term trade even though over the past 10 years, gold is +157% vs S&P +70% and over the past 15 years, gold is +300% vs S&P +40%.
3. When the Ruble collapsed in 2014, it was gold, not equities, that offered a safe haven. As the Ruble declined 70% against the US$, Russian equities lost about 12% in Ruble terms whereas the gold price in Rubles rose 73%.
4. Gold ETF holdings have declined with gold prices but silver ETF holdings have remained stable. What gives? Over the past two years gold ETFs have served as a “swing bullion supplier” that prevented supply shortages as prices of paper gold declined even as demand for physical gold has remained strong.
5. While Western investors have been trading gold securities, real gold has been flowing to the East where it is viewed as a core reserve holding that is independent from the fortunes of fiat currencies and financial assets (see charts below of Russian Gold Reserves & Shanghai Gold Withdrawals).
In 2014 gold has protected investors whose currencies lost global purchasing power. This property of gold is valued in the East where they continue taking advantage of the West’s willingness to part with its bullion at current prices."
King World News note: This is all leading to a dramatically higher repricing of gold as it is reintroduced into the world monetary system by the Eastern bloc of nations, led by China and Russia. Tragically the West is losing its gold hoard at the worst possible moment in history. This will lead to a radically lower standard of living in the West and a total shift of global supremacy to the rising powers in the East.
© 2015 by King World News®. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. However, linking directly to the blog page is permitted and encouraged.
The audio interviews with Gerald Celente, Lord Christopher Monckton, Michael Pento, Bill Fleckenstein, David Stockman, Dr. Philippa Malmgren, Egon von Greyerz, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Stephen Leeb, Andrew Maguire, John Embry, Rick Rule, Rick Santelli, John Mauldin and Marc Faber are available now. Other recent KWN interviews include Jim Grant and Felix Zulauf — to listen CLICK HERE.