Blog

Iraqi forces say most of Baiji town recaptured from Islamic State

Iraqi forces have cleared Islamic State militants from most of the northern town of Baiji and hope to drive them from the nearby oil refinery within days, a spokesman for the Shi’ite militias leading the fight said on Thursday. If the Shi’ite Hashd Shaabi fighters and Iraqi security forces regain full control around Baiji, it could help them push north towards the Islamic State-held city of Mosul and offset losses

Iraqi forces say most of Baiji town recaptured from Islamic State

Iraqi forces have cleared Islamic State militants from most of the northern town of Baiji and hope to drive them from the nearby oil refinery within days, a spokesman for the Shi’ite militias leading the fight said on Thursday. If the Shi’ite Hashd Shaabi fighters and Iraqi security forces regain full control around Baiji, it could help them push north towards the Islamic State-held city of Mosul and offset losses

Iraqi forces say most of Baiji town recaptured from Islamic State

Iraqi forces have cleared Islamic State militants from most of the northern town of Baiji and hope to drive them from the nearby oil refinery within days, a spokesman for the Shi’ite militias leading the fight said on Thursday. If the Shi’ite Hashd Shaabi fighters and Iraqi security forces regain full control around Baiji, it could help them push north towards the Islamic State-held city of Mosul and offset losses

Eight dead in new Saudi-led strikes on Yemen's Sanaa: agency

Saudi-led air strikes killed eight people on Thursday in Yemen’s capital Sanaa, residents and a news agency reported, the first such attacks after a lull of several days. Warplanes of a Saudi-led coalition also launched some 35 raids on the northern Saada province, the main base of Iranian-backed Houthis who came to dominate Yemen last year after they captured Sanaa. The attacks also targeted a house owned by the leader

Eight dead in new Saudi-led strikes on Yemen's Sanaa: agency

Saudi-led air strikes killed eight people on Thursday in Yemen’s capital Sanaa, residents and a news agency reported, the first such attacks after a lull of several days. Warplanes of a Saudi-led coalition also launched some 35 raids on the northern Saada province, the main base of Iranian-backed Houthis who came to dominate Yemen last year after they captured Sanaa. The attacks also targeted a house owned by the leader

Eight dead in new Saudi-led strikes on Yemen's Sanaa: agency

Saudi-led air strikes killed eight people on Thursday in Yemen’s capital Sanaa, residents and a news agency reported, the first such attacks after a lull of several days. Warplanes of a Saudi-led coalition also launched some 35 raids on the northern Saada province, the main base of Iranian-backed Houthis who came to dominate Yemen last year after they captured Sanaa. The attacks also targeted a house owned by the leader